Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Anime opening/ending top 100 (part V)

Time surely flies fast! My mind has been probably everywhere the last few months, except on my blog. There's so many things I want to write, but I can't find the time to work around them. My anime opening and ending top 100 is probably the one that requires the most work though... It's because of that I decided to change the format a little and just leave the descriptions out for now and add them later, after all, most of the openings and endings are excellent conveyers of the look and feel of the actual show.

So there you have it, without further ado, here is part five!

 #60  Gundam Seed ED1 : Anna ni Issho Datte no ni

                  

See-Saw has a way with their music and the first ending of Gundam Seed is no different, the violin sends chills down my spine every time I hear it.



 #59  Aishiteruze Baby OP : Sunny Side Up


       

Aishiteruze Baby is not an anime you should watch if you're looking for top-notch animation, but the story however is definately a big factor why I like this anime so much. It's very heartwarming and there is lots of character development, something I surely can approve. (Also, Yuzuyu is totally adorable!)


 #58  Wolf's Rain ED : Gravity

       

The ending is quite simple, but it is the music that really strikes home and beautifully tells the feelings of the main characters.


 #57  Wolf's Rain OP : Stray

       

And after the ending we have the opening of Wolf's Rain. The reason I like this so much is that it doesn't follow the unwritten rules that most openings seem to follow. It has the air of an american cartoon yet it's not too over the top.


 #56  Tactics OP : Secret World

       

What attracted me to Tactics was the imagery of the main opening and the main character. (I have a thing for priest/miko outfits)


 #55  Gravitation OP : Super Drive

       

Gravitation must be one of my most favorite manga so it's no surprise I like the anime a lot as well. The music and backgroundmusic is great and complements the manga really well. If only they did a remake of this anime with today's animation standards and a lot more episodes...


 #54  Excel Saga OP : Ai

       

What can I say? The opening is just as crazy as the anime itself: you're going to love this if you like random crazy humor for sure.


 #53  Ikki Tousen Dragon Destiny OP : Heart & Soul

       

This looks like the opening of a fighter game. Then again... it's what you can actually expect too!


 #52  Pita-Ten OP : Wake Up Angel


       

Pita-Ten must have won an award for the cutest opening *ever*.


 #51  Darker Than Black OP : Howling

       

I should've probably ranked this higher, the opening song is a bit dark, but oh so cool.It sets the mood perfectly.


 #50  xXxHolic Kei OP : Nobody Knows

       

I love the visuals of the xXxHolic openings, this one is no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment