Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Scroll of Resurrection: How to make an epic comeback in Azeroth

Yesterday a friend asked me if I've read about the Scroll of Resurrection promotion of World of Warcraft EU. I've told her I've been contemplating to come back to World of Warcraft for some casual gaming, since I could play with some friends and have some fun time for myself exploring the game. I've been waiting however to get some more time on my hands, as I wouldn't be able to play much, but for this promotion I'm willing to make a small exception.

I've seen a notice about the Scroll of Resurrection pass my mailbox before, but I just thought it was a normal promotion to come back with a bit of gametime on the side... Turns out they're doing one heck of a stunt. After reading the link my friend gave me, I saw there were a lot of benefits I just couldn't ignore. A free boost of one character to level 80 AND a free character transfer AND a free faction change? Hell yes.

I've read there were a lot of issues on the forums however with people who were unable to do all of these things, but so far I don't have any problems. So, especially for you people (and people who are interested of course): here's a guide to set up your character with a scroll of Resurrection. ;)


Scroll of Resurrection

If you're eligable for this promotion (this means that your account has to be inactive and it needs to be in good standing, as in not banned or anything) then the first thing you need to do is receive an invitation from your friend. If they have sent you a Scroll of Resurrection you should be able to claim it on your Battlenet account. You do this by logging on to Battlenet and selecting your active WoW subscription from your games. After this you will see the details of your account and underneath it a menu with different choices. Choose "Referrals and Rewards" and select Scroll of Resurrection. This will bring you to the Scroll of Resurrection page. After this select Received Invitations from the menu and if everything went ok you can claim the invitation of your friend.


Claiming your rewards
Now comes the fun part, claiming all those goodies! Blizzard has made it extremely easy to arrange the full progress of boosting your character, transfering and factionchanging. After accepting the scroll (remember, you can only receive one per account!) you'll get the option to select a character for a free level boost to lvl 80, complete with gear and a talent spec of your choosing. You can also select a free transfer and faction change for this character. The best order to do this is Boost > Realm Transfer > Faction Change.

This goes against my alliance ways, but for friendship! (And a free mount eventually for my friend)

After you have reviewed everything and have pressed Claim Rewards, the character you chose will receive an immediate level boost and your character will be transfered to the realm of your friend if you have chosen to do so. This can take up to half an hour and you will need to refresh your realm list, or just search for the little bugger ;) You can keep track of this in Character & Guild Services, the status of the transfer will be visible next to your character portrait.

You can see the status of your transfer and faction change in their respective menu choices.
After this is done you may login and find your character on the other server. Next to its name you will find a little icon to change the faction of your character, this looks pretty much the same as the character creation screen and you will be able to choose a race of the opposite faction, change appearances and even change your name if you want to.


And after that the only thing that's left is to enjoy some quality time with your friends! :) If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and I hope this may help some people who've had problems with this. All in all this process took about an hour, so remember to be a little patient. ^^ For more information you can always check WoWWiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment