Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Anime opening/ending top 100 (part X)


Here it finally is, the last part of my anime opening and ending top 100. I hope you'll enjoy this last part as they are my absolute favorites!

 #9  Bakemonogatari OP4 : Renai Circulation 


        

Nadeko is my favorite character from Bakemonogatari and this clip and song is just so adorable, I love it to bits! Bakemonogatari was one of those series I had to see because everyone saw it. It's not entirely my thing as the dialogue is so extensive and nothing much happens. Luckily the animation is beautifully done and the characters memorable.

 #8  Serial Experiments Lain OP : Duvet

        

Serial Experiments Lain was one of the first more serious, sci-fi anime I saw. Back then there weren't so many anime DVD's available in Belgium, so I pretty much bought whatever had an anime label on it. I probably wouldn't have bought this if I had more choice, but I don't regret it nevertheless. Serial Experiments Lain is not for everyone, as it requires your full attention and may be a bit confusing at times, but I still like this cult classic and its opening is a pure gem. The lyrics and the music made a big impression on me.

 #7  Umineko no Naku Koro ni OP : Katayuki no Tori

        

Although Umineko had a lot more potential as an anime (and it also is unfinished!) I really enjoyed watching this horror/drama show. Of course this might not be so hard since I like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni a lot as well. Both are, as their name might give away, made by the same creator and are spin-offs of visual novels. Either way, the opening of Umineko sounds like such an epic/heroic tale that it just needed a place in my top ten.

 #6  Rahxephon OP : Hemisphere

        

Raxephon is definately one of the better mecha series for me, I enjoyed it a lot. It might remind you slightly of Neon Genesis Evangelion but its approach is totally different, as is the story. The animation of the opening is not that special, but the music is fantastic.

 #5  Clannad After Story OP : Toki wa Kizomu Uta

        

I probably should have ranked this even higher, because I love Clannad so much. After I watched it with After Story it became my most favorite anime ever. Why is this? Because Clannad is life. Although the end takes a supernatural twist which was perhaps unnecessary, Clannad has a lot of beautiful, touching moments which make even the manliest of men grab a tissue and wipe away a tear. There is one part in After Story which just touches me so much that I can't help myself and cry. If you have watched the full show this opening is pretty emotional as well. And then there is of course the gorgeous animation. I recommend it to anyone!

 #4  Rurouni Kenshin ED6 : Junjou na Kanjou

        

Junjou na Kanjou is for me one of the best ending songs ever made. It doesn't help that Rurouni Kenshin was my first "real" anime obsession so it has lots of nostalgic value as well.

 #3  Toaru Kagaku no Railgun OP1 : Only my Railgun

        

Apart from the characters I like how Toaru Kagaku no Railgun follows the events of Toaru Majutsu no Index and how the story is really fleshed out. It's really good and for me, it pulled me in more than Index. Oh yes, and the opening has a trance-y J-Pop opening, what's not to love about that?

 #2  Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood OP4 : Period

        

It is almost impossible to not like Full Metal Alchemist. The story is amazing, so is the character development and the character's themselves. It's an anime aimed at teenage boys but it has that rough edge and sometimes adult air that makes it so enjoyable for older teens, adolescents, and well everyone. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood picks up where the first anime has deviated from the original story and follows the manga very closely. If you have seen the first Full Metal Alchemist you might be a bit dissapointed by how quick certain events in the beginning go, as the first anime gave those a lot more depth and therefore got your blood boiling and tears flowing a lot more. But Full Metal Alchemist has also introduced a lot of new loveable and cool characters and has given closure to the story. I wholeheartily recommend this series to anyone!

 #1  Clannad ED : Dango Daikazoku

        

Even though this ending is supercute and almost childish (it's a children cartoon in the anime that Nagisa likes a lot) the lyrics really struck a sensitive chord with me, certainly if you have watched both Clannad and Clannad After Story. It tells the story of the main characters so wonderfully well and well... It's a family full of squishy round dango's! They're adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment